Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Improbable Wishes

That's all the anti-gun fools have: improbable wishes. But they keep wishing, and making more and more useless “gun laws” that don't work. Gun buybacks, for instance. Everywhere they have been tried, they haven't worked. they create bigger and bigger gun black markets, as they did in Australia. Just like banning booze did in our own history. It created a big black market in booze and led to the rise of the Mafia and organized crime. Ban something, and you inevitably have a black market in it. Gun locks are another pipe dream. They make legally-owned guns useless because it takes too long to get them into operation when you're threatened by a criminal with an ILLEGAL gun, which is ALREADY in action. Then there are “gun-free zones.”

Whenever I see a sign to that effect on a business, I “beat feet” in the other direction, taking my business and my money with me. Because that sign tells me my life is in more danger there because it's an “open invitation” for a criminal to bring his gun in there and kill people. Universal gun registration is just as stupid because all it does is (maybe) help the cops find a shooter AFTER the killing, and that's only IF the shooter used a legally-owned gun, which criminals usually don't. The list of such damfoolishness is long, and I don't have room here to list all of them. But it does seem that ALL of them make it easier for ILLEGAL gun owners to victimize honest people who OBEY laws and regulations, which criminals do not. If they ever come up with a law that really DOES reduce gun violence, I'll be right with them. But I'm not fond of turning blue, so I'm not holding my breath until it happens. (Town Hall)

No comments: