Saturday, September 5, 2015

"Don't Restrict My Rights!

Joe Wurzelbacher, also known as “Joe the Plumber,” has a message for the father of the television reporter who was brazenly murdered ON TV recently. His message? “Don't try and restrict my right to defend my daughter while you take steps to avenge yours.” He's referring, of course, to the recent news that this man, while vowing to “fight for gun control,” intends to get his own gun permit. How he reconciles that, I have no idea. If he has the right to get a gun, how can he think he can work toward limiting the right of others to do the same? I know he's probably not thinking straight right now. I know I wasn't right after losing my own daughter a few years ago. But that doesn't give him the right to stop others from doing exactly what HE is doing: arming himself. If he thinks that's right, how can he be against others doing the same, for the same reason? (The Truth About Guns)

No comments: