Monday, March 16, 2020

Didn't Think It Through

A bunch of ignorant anti-gun fools descended upon the office of Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, demanding tougher anti-gin laws. Mitch wasn’t even there, but if he had been, he might have asked them, “Just what laws would you have me pass?” They don’t know, and Mitch doesn’t know. That’s because there are no “tougher anti-gun laws” that will do ANYTHING to “reduce gun crime,” but will, in fact, INCREASE gun crime by disarming the law-abiding, making them “easy targets” for the law-breakers, who don’t obey ANY laws, much less ones that say they can’t be armed when they commit their crimes. One of the stupidest things I’ve ever seen was in W. Palm Beach, Florida, where the cops posted a sign saying, “No Crime Zone. No Criminal Activity Allowed.” Did they really expect a criminal to see the sign and say, “Hey! I’d better not commit any crimes because they say I can’t,” and go somewhere else to disobey the law? I don’t think so. Neither will law-breakers forego their use of guns to victimize the law-abiding because there’s a law against it. Mitch knows that. I know that. Why do those fools not know that? (Newsweak)

No comments: