Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Same Ol' Same Ol'

Not a new idea. Not at all. Dr.Garen Wintermute, at UC Davis (in California, where else?) seems to think doctors asking people about gun ownership in their homes will stop gun crime. Not that it will. All the patient has to do is first, refuse to answer. Or if he/she does answer, LIE. The doctor has no way of knowing if the patient's answer is a lie, or is real. And even if the answer is real, what can he do? Tell the "authorities?" Does he really think an ILLEGAL gun holder is going to "fess up" to his doctor when asked? Frankly, I wouldn't want to trust my life to a doctor who is this gullible. If he believes this, what else does he believe? the latest "miracle cure" with no proof of its efficacy? No; I'll go somewhere else and find a doctor who knows which foot to put in which shoe. So far, 150 physicians have "taken the pledge" to do as he asked. (all in California, I hope) I'd like to see a list of the names and locations of those physicians so if mine is on it, I can go elsewhere. (CBS Sacramento)

No comments: