Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Growing List

There’s a growing list of businesses I will not enter, under any circumstances. Target, for one; Jack in the Box for another. Any business that sports a sign out front telling me to leave my gun at home. It’s a STUPID policy, and it leaves me vulnerable to the criminals who don’t obey such signs and, in fact, make it a point to visit such places with their guns and shoot people. Just like the woman who had a “carry permit” but had to leave her gun in her car when she and her parents entered a Texas restaurant. It had such a sign, and the “bad guy” knew it when he entered and started shooting. So she had so lie there on the floor and watch him murder her parents because of that shortsighted and stupid policy. I don’t think she sued the restaurant, but I would in a similar situation. The latest entry on that list is “Panǽra Bread,” which recently made such a STUPID policy and posted their signs. I predict they will be the victim of an armed criminal very soon. It’s too bad; I was there once, and I liked it. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)

No comments: