Saturday, May 9, 2015

Louisiana Bans Cash

It may be only the first time this has happened, but it is a harbinger of things to come. The government wants to be able to KNOW what you spend your money on, and this is one way to do it. It is a law passed by the Louisiana legislature banning the use of cash to buy used goods such as that you'll find in a flea market. What amazes me is their current governor would SIGN such a bill into law. They must have hidden the meaning of the law from him in a necessary piece of legislation. This is only the first “experiment” in allowing the government to keep total track of how you spend your money. To ban such transactions is patently unconstitutional, but unless somebody who CAN do something about it notices and DOES something, it will be “the law of the land” until repealed.

What worries me is the thought that such foolishness might spread, from Louisiana to the federal government, and they will find some way to ban cash, altogether, to keep track of everybody's spending. For a man like me who operates almost COMPLETELY with cash, and am not likely to change, it is disturbing. I am determined that the government will NEVER be able to keep track of my spending, whatever they do, and what laws they make. They can say I have nothing to worry about if I'm not doing something wrong all they want, but I reply that THEY have NO BUSINESS in my business unless I DO do something wrong and first, they must PROVE it. I don't even HAVE a bank account. I don't write checks, and I don't use credit cards. And WILL NOT. Cash is STILL “legal tender for all debts, public and private, and that no state legislature has the power to change. I doubt this law will last long unless it goes to a corrupt court. (Crooks & Liars)

No comments: