Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Use Anything as a Weapon

One of the things I have been trained for is the use of just about anything as a self-defense weapon. Back in 1958 I was a cab driver. I was only robbed twice, but the robbers got nothing either time. The first time, there were two of them and they made me get out of the cab in the dark, which I did. But as I did, I got my pen-style tear-gas gun out of my pocket and shot the one on my side. All his buddy heard as he got out on the other side was a "flash-bang" and his buddy scream. He might still be running for the hills. His buddy spent a long time in prison. The second time, there was only one, and he had a knife. After giving him my money, he got ready to get out, and made a big mistake. He looked down to find the door handle. That's when I hit him with my big five-cell flashlight (that I got from Radio Shack and kept on the front seat to locate addresses and brain robbers). He never spent a day in jail because they don't put addled people in prison. The cops asked my why I hit him so hard and I told them I had never hit anybody like that before and I just kept hitting him until he was no longer a threat. Today, they'd probably put me in jail. But with the use of a disguised stun gun or pepper spray, that isn't likely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

awsome

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other websites?
I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would really
like to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would value your
work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.