Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I LOVE "Crankshaft!"

In fact, I sometimes "identify" with the Crankshaft character in the comic strip by that name, as a rule, because he doesn't care what people think of him. Mostly when people ask me why I never cook out. But I don't identify with his opinion in the October 24 strip, where he tells a "little old lady" she can probably stop carrying her pepper spray, meaning she's too old and ugly to be worried about being attacked (the kind of thoughtless remark Crankshaft is prone to make). But he's wrong this time. "Old people" are prime targets of young thugs, who think they are "easy targets." The thugs just don't expect an "old person" to be carrying something that can put them down in an instant, such as a pepper spray or even a disguised stun gun. A man who didn't like me shaking my head at his "driving style" once tried to attack this "old man" one day and got the surprise of his life when I shocked him with my "Runt" stun gun that is designed to look like a pager (350,000 volts). He'll think twice before trying to assault the next "old man." Crankshaft.

No comments: