Sunday, November 25, 2007

How Often Are You Alone?

You don't even think about it, but how often do you arrive at work before anyone else, or leave after everyone else is gone? Do you have to walk through a dark, deserted garage or parking lot to get to your car? When you leave for work in the early morning is it still dark, and with no one around? What would happen if someone decided you were an "easy mark" and attacked you? That happens every day, many times, in every city or town on the map. If it hasn't happened to you yet, it's only a matter of time. I lucked out one night when I stopped to make a phone call (before cell phones) at a lonely and dark roadside pay phone. As I got out of my car, a man approached me and asked for a match (THAT old ploy). I reached for the metal flashlight in my right back pocket. I guess I scared him, He said, "Don't shoot me, man!" Then he ran off, and another man I hadn't even seen ran off in the same direction. They must have thought I was armed. So it has happened to me, although not in the way the bad guys thought. Check out getting a stun gun or pepper spray. It might save your life some lonely night. The "bad guys" are essentially cowards and will run off at the first sign of effective defense. (PDC,)

No comments: